Exercise for health or weight loss does not need to be hard to be effective. How Much is Enough? If you do not currently exercise regularly, starting 30 – 60 mins a day of moderate intensity exercise can provide all the for general health and improved calorie consumption benefits you need
At Your Convenience.....
You can complete all 30 – 60 minutes in 1 session or participate in 3 – 4 x 10-15min activities if it is more convenient
No Sweat Lifestyle Movement Opportunities
Walk or cycle instead of using the car
Park further away from your destination and walk the rest of the way
Walk or cycle from your tram station or bus stop,
get on and off one or two stops from work and walk the last bit
Take the stairs instead of the lift
Walk rather than rest on escalators or travelators
Work in the garden
Play with children in an active way
Walk or play with pets
Challenge family, friends or work colleagues to be active with you.
The Easiest Option
Walking is the one activity that is recommended as being beneficial for the treatment of almost all chronic diseases and lifestyle annoyances.
Top 10 Reasons to Walk
1. Walking prevents type 2 diabetes
2. Walking strengthens your heart if you're female
3. Walking is good for your brain
4. Walking is good for your bones
5. Walking helps alleviate symptoms of depression
6. Walking reduces the risk of breast and colon cancer
7. Walking improves fitness
8. Walking in short bouts improves fitness, too!
9. Walking improves physical function
10. All you need is a pair of shoes!
So what are you waiting for?....go and get started!!
Feeling low in energy? Click here to try out our energy boost diagnostic to see where you energy leaks are coming from!
Chris Eastham BPhEd MAAESS AEP is a leading Port Melbourne based Energy Trainer and Coach and an accredited exercise physiologist.